ISO Quality 9001 Certified
Over 17 years of ISO certification, Informco has established a culture of continually improving our processes with the goal of developing best practices while meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. This commitment is reflected in both our ISO 9000/2008 certified Quality Management System and the core values that we encourage all Informco employees to adopt.
ISO is an internationally recognized continuous improvement quality management system. In 1996, Informco was 9001:1994 certified for design and manufacturing and in 2003, we achieved ISO 9000/2000 certification. A number of ISO 9000/2000 improvements were required to obtain certification, including conducting customer surveys and statistical analysis of the data, as well as the mandatory documentation of design control. In 2004, Informco achieved ISO Environment 14001:2004 certification and was the first print-related company to acquire integrated ISO 14001:2004 and 9001:2000 certification.
As an ISO 9000:2008 certified company, Informco has written procedures for every process, from design to delivery. As part of our Informco Quality Management System, we monitor our ability to follow those procedures and continually improve them, based on feedback from the system. Our adherence to standard operating procedures and maintaining a high level of quality and services is measured regularly by independent ISO auditors.
Our Quality Management System consists of three levels:
- Our “Quality Assurance Plan” – our corporate commitment and Mission Statement.
- Our “Quality Assurance Manual” – a mid-level view of our quality system.
- Our “Standard Operating Procedures” – our detailed procedures which describe how we are going to perform the task required to process, proof, print, insert, mail, pack, ship and deliver electronically.
Informco’s full-time ISO Coordinator monitors and maintains our quality system in cooperation with our Quality Improvement Team (QIT):
- The QIT meets regularly to discuss any issues that have been raised by a “Corrective Action Report” from either internal customers (staff) or external customers (clients). A long-term corrective actionplan must be implemented to close out an issue.
- Four times per year, our Internal Audit Team performs checks on our quality system to ensure we are in compliance with the standards that we’ve committed to.
- Twice a year, an independent auditing firm performs a check on our system to maintain our status of being ISO certified.