ISO Environment 14001 Certified
As an Environment 14001:2004 certified company, Informco has adopted an Environmental Management System that enables us to set environmental policy objectives, strive to achieve conformance with them, evaluate the effectiveness of our procedures and improve or revise them as necessary.
Our environmental policy was designed to address all environmental aspects of our operations and to provide a framework for setting goals to reduce the impact of those operations on the environment. These goals apply enterprise-wide and involve all Informco departments and employees. We monitor our progress throughout the year and collect feedback from the system. Based on that feedback, we then set goals for the following year.
Through Informco’s integrated management system, our 14001:2004 procedures are monitored internally and externally in conjunction with our 9001:2008 certification.
Recognition for Environmental Achievements
- Informco was recognized for its environmental initiatives by Environment Canada when it was featured in Environment Canada’s “Guide to Creating an Environmentally Friendly Workplace” booklet
- Informco was the first printer to be awarded Ontario Centre for Environmental Technology Advancement (OCETA) funding to participate in the Toronto Region Sustainability Program
- Informco was the first printer in Canada to be awarded the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME) award for its Pollution Prevention achievements
- First print-related company with integrated ISO 14001 and 9001:2000 certification
- Winner of Most Environmentally Progressive Printer with 50 to 100 employees by PrintAction
- Informco is the first company awarded funding from OCETA to conduct a second comprehensive Pollution Assessment under the Toronto Region Sustainability Program. One of the major criteria of the funding was proven results from the goals set as a result of our earlier Pollution Prevention Assessment